Sabaton - The Great War
Since Sabaton's inception on the threshold of a new millennium in picturesque Swedish town of Falun, this heavy metal giant has conquered landmark after landmark, reached quadruple platinum sales and performed mega-sized concerts all over the world – within the realms of harder rock music.
However, despite Sabaton's neverending passion to write explosive tales about remarkable historical turning points, these relentless bravehearts have always had just one crystal-clear goal: to march fearlessly towards next battles.
- Our ninth studio recording "The Great War" is performed, mixed and mastered – and we couldn't be happier about this metallic milestone, says bassist and lyricist Pär Sundström and continues:
- "The Great War" is another concept record from the vaults of fascinating military history, and within its rich musical and lyrical journey, we full-heartedly dive into sinister atmosphere of World War I – a colossal military conflict that shook the whole planet hundred years ago.
Masterpiece after masterpiece, these Swedish storytellers have been able to carry out endlessly catchy power-influenced heavy metal. No need to worry: the magic happens and untouched frontiers are once again occupied by the epic-sounding "The Great War".
- "The Great War" is musically and lyrically the most affluent Sabaton-release to date. The recording offers familiar-sounding, multi-layered and melodically rich Sabaton metal lunacy, not forgetting unexpected twists and turns. After all, it's still 100% pure Sabaton-crafted heavy metal album ©, describes singer and musical mastermind Joakim Brodén.
Next in line? Another long-lasting world tour – entitled "The Great Tour".
- We simply can't wait to get in front of our beloved fans. Along the upcoming touring path, we will also be performing a very special 20-year-anniversary show on the holy grounds of Wacken Open Air. Do I have to add that it is shaping up to be a show not to miss?
For ninety-nine percent of comrades, successful studio album and voluminous world tour would be enough. Well, not for these warlords.
- With respected TimeGhost History Channel and renowned historian Indiana Neidell, we have established Sabaton History Channel, says Sundström.
- On weekly YouTube episodes, we are telling in-depth stories and details behind our songs. We already have tens of thousands of subscribers and the number is growing as we speak... Another dream accomplished!
Please make sure to set twitter in database